Live, informative, and fun workshops for students of all ages and grades!
Teachers and school staff play an important role in a child’s academic, social and emotional development. As a school employee, your job first and foremost, is to keep the students that you care for on a daily basis safe. Your job is also to provide your students with academic material that teach them the important lessons of life.
Our educators visit your schools and support your efforts in doing both of these roles. They offer your students a variety of age appropriate workshops which give them tools to keep them safe. Some of the topics offered are difficult to discuss for most people, but we offer these workshops in a fun, interactive, and supportive atmosphere that is accessible for young scholars throughout Downeast, Maine!
Some popular school requested workshops include…
1. Date Rape and Alcohol (High school age)
2. Safe Dating and Age of Consent (7th grade+)
3. Healthy vs Unhealthy Relationships (7th grade+)
4. Cyber Predators and Safety (6th grade+)
5. Cyber Bullying (6th grade+)
6. Bullying (K+)
7. Safe Partying (High school+)
8. Sex and Consent (High school+)
9. Sexual Harassment in School (6th grade+)
10. Gender (3rd grade+)
11. Body Image and the Media (6th grade+)
12. Personal Space and Touching (PreK+)
13. Myths and Facts about Rape
Presentations can be combined or customized to fit your special requests.
Many of these topics are difficult to even think about, especially with children. Often, adults forget that these issues are affecting their children. But they are. Students greatly benefit from having the tools and resources offered by Downeast Health Services. Our goal is to reach all of the students in Downeast so that we can work together to ensure their safety and to get the students the resources that they deserve!
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or to set up an educational session. Download our brochure here.